- USE Here are entered works on the use of historical records in ethnology and prehistory as well as works on an ethnic group's own representation of their history.
- Ethnohistorical method
- Historical anthropology
- Historical ethnology
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Wernhart, K.R. Ethnohistory in Vienna ... 1987.
- found: Pearson, R. Anthro. glossary, 1985.
- found: Winick, C. Dict. anthro., 1956.
- found: Web. 3.
- found: Seymour-Smith, C. Dictionary of anthropology, 1986 (Ethnohistory (Anthropology and history are combined in ethnohistory; new developments in popular and local history stress the study of history "from below" rather than the history that is shaped by ... the dominant classes. The term "ethnohistory" also has a rather different though overlapping sense, that of the study of people's own representations of their history; these two senses of the term, the search for historical data on ethnic groups and the ethnic group's own representation of their history, may be separated by referring to the former as "historical ethnology" or "historical anthropology"))
- found: Historical Anthropology Dept., Albany Museum WWW site, Dec. 16, 2008 (Historical Anthropology is one of the branches of anthropology; fieldwork research undertaken to collect ethnographic information related to cultural artifacts)
- found: World encyc., 2005: (Historical ethnology was developed in the late 19th century in an attempt to trace cultural diffusion)
- notfound: Britannica Micro.;Colliers;Americana;World Book
USE Here are entered works on the use of historical records in ethnology and prehistory as well as works on an ethnic group's own representation of their history.
- 1988-05-04: new
- 2009-02-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.