- found: Work cat.: NUCMC data from Rutgers Univ. for Aitken, R. Papers, 1861-1862 (Sutler with the 7th Infantry, New Jersey Volunteers during the Civil War)
- found: Dict. Amer. hist., 1976 (sutler merchant)
- found: Adams, J.T. Dict. of Amer. hist., 1942 (Sutlers)
- found: Web. 3 (sutler: a provisioner to an army post, esp. when established in a shop on the post; on the army post of frontier days before it had its own quartermaster services)
- found: LC data base, 4/25/88 (sutlers)
- 1988-07-11: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.