- MPB (Music)
- Música popular brasileira
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: White, D. Dict. of pop. music styles of the world, c1998: p. 148 (MPB, abbreviation for "música popular brasileira," Brazilian popular music)
- found: World music, 1994: p. 558 (Música popular brasileira, habitually shortened to MPB, is the catch-all term Brazilians use for Brazilian music in general; first cropped up in 1930's)
- found: Sweeney, P. The Virgin dir. of world music, c1991: p. 236 (the term "música popular brasileiro," abbreviated to MPB, came to be associated in the late 1960s and 1970s with an eclectic style influenced by elements of bossa nova, samba, jazz, and Euro-American pop and rock)
- found: Albin, R. MPB, 1997.
- found: LC database, Jan. 13, 1999 (MPB; Música popular brasileira)
- 1988-08-04: new
- 2009-06-30: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.