- Software viruses
- Viruses, Computer
- Computer crimes
- Malware (Computer software)
- found: Work cat.: Fites, P.E. Catching computer viruses, 1989.
- found: New York Times: March 17, 1988, sec. D1 (a program, or a set of instructions to a computer, that is deliberately planted on a floppy disk meant to be used with the computer or introduced when the computer is communicating over telephone lines with other computers. The programs can copy themselves into computer's software causing the destruction of data in computer's memory)
- found: Webopedia, May 7, 2009 (malware - Short for malicious software, software designed specifically to damage or disrupt a system, such as a virus or a Trojan horse)
- notfound: Computer dict.;IAC;Hennepin
- 1988-08-10: new
- 2009-06-11: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.