- Global optimization
- Non-convex programming
- Programming (Mathematics)
- found: Work cat: 2013013213: Global optimization, 2013.
- found: LC data base, 11/15/88.
- found: PREMARC, 11/15/88 (... nichtkonvexe programmierungsprobleme ...)
- found: Mathematics Subject Classification 2010 database (90CXX: Mathematical programming; 90C26: Nonconvex programming, global optimization)
- found: Wolfram Mathworld (Global optimization: The objective of global optimization is to find the globally best solution of (possibly nonlinear) models, in the (possible or known) presence of multiple local optima. Formally, global optimization seeks global solution(s) of a constrained optimization model. Nonlinear models are ubiquitous in many applications, e.g., in advanced engineering design, biotechnology, data analysis, environmental management, financial planning, process control, risk management, scientific modeling, and others. Their solution often requires a global search approach)
- notfound: Encyc. dict. math.;James. Mathematics dict.;INSPEC;INIS thes.;McGraw-Hill dict. sci. tech.;McGraw-Hill dict. sci. math.
- 1988-11-18: new
- 2013-09-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.