Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Shipman, P. Life history of a fossil, 1981: p. 6 (a branch of paleontology ... taphonomy ... the study of the transition of animal remains from the biosphere into the lithosphere)
- found: Dict. geol. terms (taphonomy: the study of the death and decay of organisms, including the process of preservation as fossils)
- found: LC data base, 2/28/89 (taphonomy)
- found: Random House (1. the circumstances & process of fossilization, 2. Study of the environmental conditions affecting the preservation of animal & plant remains)
- found: Dict. earth sci. (taphonomy: study of the processes affecting an organism from its death to its possible fossilization)
- found: GeoRef.
- found: Geosaurus.
- 1989-03-09: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.