- Bahawalpuri language
- Multani language
- Mutani language
- Reasati language
- Riasati language
- Saraiki language
- Southern Lahnda language
- Southern Panjabi language
- Lahndā language
- found: Work cat.: Schackle, C. Siraiki language of Central Pakistan, 1976: p. 1 (Siraiki, the Indo-Aryan speech of a large part of central Pakistan, which may be more familiar ... under the names of "Multani," "Southern Lahnda" or even "Western Panjabi") p. 2 (Northern Lahnda and Panjabi are the languages most closely related to Siraiki, which also shares other features exclusively with Sindhi ...) p. 6ff (dialects ... Central, Southern, Sindhi Siraiki, Northern, Jhangi, Shahpuri ...)
- found: Ethnologue: p. 576 (Siraiki (Riasiti, Bahawalpuri, Multani, Southern Panjabi, Saraiki ... Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northwestern zone. Dialects: Derawali, Multani (Khatki), Bahawalpuri (Riasati, Reasati), Jangli, Jatki ... Until recently considered to be a dialect of Panjabi) p. 484 (Siraiki (Multani, Mutani, Southern Panjabi, Saraiki) ... Mainly in Pakistan. Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Indo-Aryan, Northwestern zone, Lahnda, Western. Dialects: Jafri, Siraiki Hindki, Thali, Jatki)
- found: Voegelin lang.: p. 169 (Siraiki listed as dialect of Sindhi)
- notfound: Curr. trends ling.
- 1989-09-28: new
- 1989-12-14: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.