- Administrative segregation (Prison discipline)
- Hole (Prison discipline)
- Isolation (Prison discipline)
- Secure housing units (Prison discipline)
- Security housing units (Prison discipline)
- SHU (Prison discipline)
- Special housing units (Prison discipline)
- Special management units (Prison discipline)
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Joutsen, M. Yksinäissellin käyttö ... 1984.
- found: Web. 3.
- found: Random House.
- found: Nat. crim. just. thes.
- found: Beckman. Criminal justice dict.
- found: Wikipedia, viewed Aug. 25, 2010: Solitary confinement (Solitary confinement is colloquially referred to in American English as the 'hole', 'lockdown', the 'SHU' (pronounced 'shoe') or the 'pound' ... In the US Federal Prison system, solitary confinement is known as the Special Housing Unit (SHU). California's prison system also uses the abbreviation SHU, but it stands for Security Housing Units.  In other states, it is known as the Special Management Unit (SMU).)
- found: 2009526097: Public hearing held in the matter of delay full implementation of SHU Exclusion Bill, 2009: p. 7 (Secure Housing Unit, the SHU, solitary confinement)
- 1989-10-13: new
- 2012-05-31: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.