- ALD (Disease)
- Neonatal adrenoleukodystrophy
- Siemerling-Crentzfeldt disease
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: International Workshop on Adrenoleukodystrophy and Peroxisomal Disorders (1989 : Rome, Italy). Adrenoleukodystrophy and other peroxisomal disorders : clinical, biochemical, genetic, and therapeutic aspects : proceedings ... Rome, 10-11 November 1989 (ALD)
- found: MESH.
- found: Merck ("... is a rare, sex-linked recessive metabolic disorder that occurs in boys and is characterized by adrenal atrophy, and widespread, diffuse cerebral demyelination")
- found: Merritt's textbk. neurol.: pp. 536-537 ("the basic defect involves the fatty acids β oxydation system in subcellar organelles, called peroxisomes, which break down very long chain fatty acids (VLCFAs). Consequently these acids accumulate in tissue and plasma")
- found: Dorland's med. dict.
- found: Stedman's med. dict. (Siemerling-Crentzfeldt disease)
- found: Gould med. dict.
- 1990-03-12: new
- 1999-04-09: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.