- Government violence
- Governmental violence
- State-sponsored violence
- State terrorism
- Violence, Governmental
- Violence, State-sponsored
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Terrorismo de estado, 1986.
- found: LC database, Aug. 9, 1991 (State-sponsored terrorism; state terrorism)
- found: Nat. crim. just. thes. (State sponsored terrorism)
- found: State-sponsored terrorism, 1985: p. xviii (The deliberate employment of violence or the threat of use of violence by sovereign states (or sub-national groups encouraged or assisted by sovereign states) to attain strategic and political objectives by acts in violation of law intended to create overwhelming fear in a target population larger than the civilian or military victims attacked or threatened.)
- found: Thackrah, J.R. Encyc. of terrorism and political violence, 1987: p. 237 (hdg.: State-sponsored terrorism; also uses state terrorism)
- found: The State as terrorist : the dynamics of governmental violence and repression, 1984 : p. 3 (use of violence, repression, and terrorism by the state in the pursuit of domestic and international interests)
- found: Stohl, M. The state as terrorist : the dynamics of governmental violence and repression, c1984.
- notfound: Web. 3;Random House;ERIC thes.;SSCI
- 2000-06-01: new
- 2006-10-20: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.