- Adopting parents
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: 92-18480: Miller, V. Meditations for adoptive parents, 1992.
- found: HCL.
- found: Random House: s.v. "Adoptive" (Usage note states it is usually used for the parent, whereas "adopted" is used for the child)
- found: Web. 3: s.v. "Adoptive" (Example given of "adoptive father")
- found: Zapf, K. Worterbuch der Sozialarbeit, 1961: In the English index.
- found: Nadeau, M. Lexique anglais-français de l'enfance in difficulté, 1982.
- found: Barker, R. The social work dict. 2d., 1991: s.v. "Adoption" (Definition uses term "adoptive parents")
- found: Black's law dict.: s.v. "Adoption" (Used "Adoptive parents" in text of definition)
- 1992-06-08: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.