Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Web. 3: under Moldavian (a native or inhabitant of Moldavia)
- found: LC database, Nov. 25, 2008 (in titles of publications dated 2000-2007: Moldovans)
- found: American heritage dict. via Bartleby.com, Nov. 25, 2008 (under Moldova [republic]: Moldovan, adj. and noun; under Moldavia [historical region]: Moldavian, adj. and noun)
- found: Britannica online, Nov. 25, 2008 (under Moldova: upon the collapse of the Soviet Union in Aug. 1991, the Moldavian Soviet Socialist Republic declared its independence and took the name Moldova; in text of article: Moldovans)
- found: Wikipedia WWW site, Nov. 25, 2008 (under Moldovans: Moldovans or Moldavians: the native population in the lands that correspond to the former Principality of Moldavia, which nowadays corresponds to 8 north-eastern counties of Romania (out of 41), Republic of Moldova, and small parts of Ukraine (Chernivtsi oblast and Budjak). There is an ongoing controversy inside as well as outside the Republic of Moldova whether Moldovans constitute a part of the Romanian nation or whether they form a separate ethnic group)
- found: Statesman's yearbook online, Nov. 25, 2008 (under Moldova: Moldovans)
- found: World book encyc., 2004 (under Moldova: Moldovans)
- found: Encyc. Americana, 2005 (under Moldova, Republic of: Moldovans)
- 1992-07-07: new
- 2009-01-08: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.