- Boys, Call
- Call boys
- Giglis (Male prostitutes)
- Gigolos (Male prostitutes)
- Male hustlers
- Male sex workers
- Rent boys
- Taxi boys (Male prostitutes)
- Working boys (Male prostitutes)
- found: LC data base, 9/28/93.
- found: Hennepin (Prostitutes, Male)
- found: Itiel, J. A consumer's guide to male hustlers, 1998.
- found: Steward, S.M. Understanding the male hustler, c1991.
- found: Dorais, M. Rent boys : the world of male sex workers, c2005.
- found: Wikipedia, Mar. 3, 2008: Male prostitution (Male prostitution is the sale of sexual services by a male prostitute with either male or female clients. The gender of a male prostitute's sexual partner or the sexual act that he and the client participates in may not indicate a prostitute's sexual orientation; a male prostitute may be heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual regardless of his client's gender. Common slang terms for males involved in prostitution in the Anglosphere include "escorts", "man-whore", "rentboys", "hustlers", "working boys", "trade", "call-boys"; callboys; taxi boys; male prostitutes offering services to female customers are sometimes known as "giglis" or "gigolos"; male hustlers; male sex workers)
- 1993-10-01: new
- 2008-04-04: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.