World Wide Web
World Wide Web
- W3 (World Wide Web)
- Web (World Wide Web)
- WWW (World Wide Web)
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
World Wide Web (Information retrieval system)
- found: Work cat.: 94067520: December, J. The World Wide Web Unleashed, c1994 (WWW, the Web, a distributed hypermedia system, a collection of interconnected hardware, software, and networked systems, it is a concept, not a program, system, or protocol, it is an interface)
- found: 94234135: Brown, S. The Internet via Mosaic and World Wide Web, c1994 (WWW, the Web) p. 35 (Although the WWW is primarily used on a global scale as a part of the Internet, it is feasible for a two-machine network to run the WWW client/server software)
- found: Internet publishing handbook, c1995: p. 15 (World-Wide Web system is known by its various names: WWW, W3, and Web)
- found: MAGS, Dec. 8, 1995: article by Robert M. Metcalfe (first generation of WWW based on Hypertext Transfer Protocol and Hypertext Transfer Markup Language)
- notfound: ASTI;Engr. index;Web. 3
- 2000-04-28: new
- 2001-10-01: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.