- found: Work cat.: Park, S. Cognitive psychology in education : some implications of learning strategies ... 1993: p. 11 ("activities and strategies that influence the process of knowledge acquisition")
- found: ERIC thes. (rules, principles and procedures used to facilitate learning)
- found: Good. dict. educ. (rules, principles and procedures acquired in learning, often discovered by the learner himself and applicable in other learnings)
- found: Encyc. of psychology, 1994 (methods people use to learn and retain information)
- found: Encyc. of educational research, 1992: v. 2, p. 702 (use of cognitive procedures for generating relations across bodies of information and between new information and memory)
- found: Nisbet, J.D. Learning strategies, c1986: introd., p. vii (Learning to learn involves learning strategies like planning ahead, monitoring own performance, checking, estimating, revision, and self-testing) p. 24 (... strategies are the processes that underlie performance on thinking tasks) p. 26 (Strategies seem to represent higher-order skills which control and regulate the more task-specific or more practical skills) p. 28 (example: asking questions, planning, monitoring, checking, revising, self-testing)
- found: Learning strategies and learning styles, c1988: p. 3 (learning can be ... experiential, behavioral, [or] neurological) p. 5 (a learning strategy is a sequence of procedures for accomplishing learning and specific procedures within sequence are called learning tactics) p. 17 (Learning strategies are combinations of cognitive (thinking) skills implemented when a situation is perceived as one demanding learning) p. 291 (any behaviors or thoughts that facilitate encoding in such a way that knowledge integration and retrieval are enhanced; examples: actively rehearsing, summarizing, paraphasing, imagining, elaborating, and outlining)
- notfound: Intl. dict. educ.;Facts on File dict. of education
- 1995-01-27: new
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.