- Allotments, Indian
- Indian non-trust allotments
- Indian trust allotments
- Restricted fee Indian allotments
- found: Allotment of lands in severalty among Indian tribes, 1883: p. 1 (allotment of Indian lands in severalty)
- found: Indian reservations, 1888: p. 1 (allotting Indian reservations)
- found: Black's law dict. (allotment: a share or portion; that which is allotted; apportionment; the term ordinarily and commonly used to describe land held by Indians after allotment, and before the issuance of the patent in fee that deprives the land of its character as Indian country)
- found: LC database, 6/19/95 (Indian allotments)
- found: Felix S. Cohen's handbook of federal Indian law, 1982: p. 39, etc. (Indian country includes "all Indian allotments, the Indian titles to which have not been extinquished"; allotment is a term of art in Indian law; the term "Indian allotment" has a reasonably precise meaning, referring to land owned by individual Indians and either held in trust by the U.S. or subject to a statutory restriction on alienation; most allotments were originally carved out of tribal lands held in common, and many remain within the present boundaries of reservations; restricted fee allotment; trust allotment)
- found: The rights of Indians and tribes, 1992: p. 16, etc. (Indian allotments; non-trust allotment; trust allotment; restricted Indian allotment)
- 1995-06-23: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.