- Digital curation
- Digital media collections
- Digital media libraries
- Electronic libraries
- Electronic publication collections
- Electronic publication libraries
- Electronic text collections
- Virtual libraries
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: 95040028: The National Electronic Library, 1996.
- found: 95159026: Proceedings of Digital Libraries '94, the first annual Conference on the Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, 1994: pp. 1-2 (Digital library, electronic library, virtual library all used as synonymous in paper, "does not seem clear in the literature if what is meant by the digital library is a series of ... collections or one ... collection") p. 163 (prevailing view is that digital libraries are archival collections of digital materials to be browsed and queried by information-seeking individuals)
- found: MAG3 Sept. 20, 1995: r "digital libraries".
- found: The evolving virtual library, 1995.
- found: WWW, Oct. 3, 2000 (electronic text collections; digital libraries)
- found: Rhyno, A. Using open source systems for digital libraries, 2003 (Digital Library Federation definiton of "digital libraries" quoted in Preface: "organizations that provide the resources, including the specialized staff, to select, structure, offer intellectual access to, interpret, distribute, preserve the integrity of, and ensure the persistence over time of collections of digital works so that they are readily and economically available for use by a defined community or set of communities.")
- 2004-08-16: new
- 2010-07-22: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.