- Data about data
- found: Work cat.: Guidelines for a national institutional survey, c1995: p. 16 ("A database containing information about datasets is commonly referred to as a "metadatabase") p. 24 (metadata)
- found: Free on-line dictionary of computing [CF], 1996: meta-data (data about data. Data definitions describing aspects of actual data items, such as name, format, etc. Coined in the early 1960s)
- found: Boden, T.A. Metadata compiled and distributed by the Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center ... 1993.
- found: Westbrook, J.H. Standards and metadata requirements for computerization of selected mechanical properties of metallic materials, 1985.
- found: Frank, S.M. Cataloging paradigms for spatial metadata, 1994.
- found: Wikipedia, Nov. 9, 2007 (Metadata (sometimes written 'meta data') is used to facilitate the understanding, use and management of data)
- found: IMS Global Learning Consortium, Inc. website, Nov. 9, 2007 (IMS AccessForAll Meta-data Specification)
- 1996-01-25: new
- 2009-01-29: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.