- C/1995 O1 (Comet)
- Comet 1995 O1
- Comet Hale-Bopp
- Hale-Bopp's comet
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: 96086322: Hockey, Thomas A. Comet Hale-Bopp book : guide to an awe-inspiring visitor from deep space, c1996 ("The co-discoveries took place within half an hour of each other! Alan Hale, discovered the comet from his driveway in the village of Cloudcroft, New Mex. and Thomas Bopp, 600 km. away at the Vekol Ranch, New Mex. on one of 4 observing sessions on July 22, 1995 ... the comet was less than 15 arc minutes northeast of globular cluster M70." Also, Comet 1995 O1 (Hale-Bopp))
- found: Hale-Bopp comet WWW site, Jan. 14, 1997: Alta Vista--Comet Hale-Bopp ("Discovered at a distance from the sun of about 7 AU with an apparent magnitude of 10.5; orbital period of about 2500 years; inclination of nearly 90 deg., and a perihelion distance of 0.9 AU (MPC 25513); visible from southern latitudes in the constellation of Sagittarius.") (Also, C/1995 O1)
- found: Hale-Bopp comet WWW site, Jan. 14, 1997: Alta Vista--Comet Hale Bopp Update (January 08, 1997)
- found: Google search, Oct. 16. 2007 (Hale-Bopp's comet)
- found: Mitton, J. Cambridge dict. of astronomy, 2001 (Comet Hale-Bopp (C/1995 O1))
[This heading is not valid for use as a geographic subdivision.]
- 1997-01-14: new
- 2007-11-16: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.