- Algorithmic knowledge discovery
- Factual data analysis
- KDD (Information retrieval)
- Knowledge discovery in data
- Knowledge discovery in databases
- Mining, Data
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Adriaans, P. Data mining, 1996: p. 5 (there is confusion about the exact meaning of the terms "data mining" and "KDD" (knowledge in databases) with many authors regarding them as synonymous; KDD is def. as the non-trivial extraction of implicit, previously unknown and potentially useful knowledge from data; KDD is a multi-disciplinary field of research with machine learning, statistics, database technology, expert systems and data visualization all making a contribution)
- found: Penguin dict. of information technology, 1994 (Data mining: deriving useful information from large databases, using techniques such as statistical and sensitivity analysis)
- found: U.S. Cong. House Comm. on Govt. Reform. Subcomm. on Technology, Info. Policy, Intergovernmental Relations, and the Census. Can the use of factual data analysis strengthen national security?, part one, hearing, 2004: p. 2 (data mining or factual data analysis)
- found: Knowledge discovery for terrorism and law enforcement, c2009: p. xv (algorithmic knowledge discovery, sometimes called knowledge discovery in data (KDD) or data mining)
- found: Data mining WWW site, Feb. 11, 2009 (data mining; sometimes called: knowledge discovery in data)
- 2004-04-02: new
- 2009-03-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.