- Seal maidens
- Seal people
- Animals, Mythical
- Seals (Animals)--Folklore
- found: Work cat.: Doherty, B. Daughter of the sea, 1997.
- found: Arrowsmith, N. Field guide to the little people, 1977: p. 170 ("The sea trows of Shetland ... are sometimes called selkies ...")
- found: Rovin, J. Fantasy almanac, 1979: p. 248 (Seal maidens: "Sea creatures of English lore. Also known as selkies and the Roane ...")
- notfound: Web. 3;Random House;World Book;Comptons;Storyteller's sourcebook, 1982
- 1997-08-13: new
- 2012-07-16: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.