- Crotalus oreganus
- Crotalus viridis oreganus
- found: Frank, N. A complete guide to sci. and common names of reptiles and amphibians of the world, c1995: p. 259 (Crotalus viridis, Western Rattlesnake)
- found: Behler, J.L. Natl. Audubon Soc. field guide to No. Am. reptiles and amphibians, 1979: p. 694 (Western rattlesnake (Crotalus viridis). Subspecies: Prairie, Grand Canyon, Arizona Black, Midget Faded, Southern Pacific, Great Basin, Hopi, Northern Pacific)
- found: Collins, J.T. Standard common and current sci. names for No. Am. amphibians and reptiles, 1990: p. 28 (Crotalus viridis, Western Rattlesnake)
- found: ITIS, Oct. 1, 2007 (Crotalus oreganus Holbrook, 1840 -- valid -- Western Rattlesnake. Synonym: Crotalus viridis oreganus)
- found: NCBI taxonomy browser, Oct. 1, 2007 (Crotalus oreganus. Rank: species)
- found: NatureServe explorer, via WWW, Oct. 1, 2007 (Crotalus oreganus, Western Rattlesnake)
- found: The reptile database, via WWW, Oct. 1, 2007 (Crotalus oreganus. Ashton et al. (2001) split C. viridis into two evolutionary species, C. viridis and C. oreganus. Crother (2003) and others also followed that scheme)
- found: Collins, J.T. Standard common and current scientific names for North American amphibians, turtles, reptiles & crocodilians, 2002, via WWW, Oct. 1, 2007 (Crotalus oreganus - Western Rattlesnake. 6 subspecies)
- notfound: Web. 3
- 1997-09-19: new
- 2007-11-21: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.