- Here are entered works on any motor vehicle with features to support travel away from conventional roadways.
- Off-highway vehicles
- Off-the-road vehicles
- Offroad vehicles
- ORVs (Off road vehicles)
- Motor vehicles
- Four-wheel drive vehicles
- found: Work cat.: 98-18098: 4x4 vehicles, 1998.
- found: Auto dict., 1993: p. 116 (Off-road, term which really means off-highway or off-pavement, because most so-called off-road activity takes place on some form of road or jeep trail, however primitive it may be)
- found: Random House: under Off-road (designed, built, or used for travelling off public roads, esp. on unpaved roads, trails, beaches, or rough terrain: an off-road vehicle)
- found: Dict. of automobile engineering, 1996 (Off-road vehicle, 4wd vehicle with locking differential for use on rough terrain)
- found: Delmar's automotive dict., c1997 (Off-road vehicle; refs. from Off-the-road vehicle, ORV; any vehicle used in off-road activities)
Here are entered works on any motor vehicle with features to support travel away from conventional roadways.
- 1998-04-06: new
- 2001-02-05: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.