- Alternate lifestyles
- found: Australian encyc., 1988: v. 1, pp. 126-128.
- found: Chambers 21st century dict., 1996: def. 2 ("said of a lifestyle, culture, etc. outside the conventionally accepted ways of doing something and therefore thought of by adherents as preferable")
- found: Ohu : alternative life style communities. Advisory Committee by the Dept. of Lands and Survey, 1975.
- found: The Australian concise Oxford dict. of current English, 1997 ("a way of living regarded as unacceptable by conventional standards, esp. one that rejects consumerism, monogamy, the work ethic, etc.")
- found: Macquarie dict.: Alternative lifestyle ("lifestyle which is based on alternative values) def. 7 ("offering standards and criteria of behaviour of a minority group within and opposed to an established western society")
- found: Rinella, J. Partners in power, c2003: p. 2 (alternate lifestyles)
- found: Handbook of contemporary families, c2004: table of contents (Alternate lifestyles today)
- notfound: OED;Random House;Web. 3
- 1998-07-23: new
- 2012-05-03: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.