- Here are entered poster-size children's books designed to be read aloud in a group setting, as well as works about such books.
- Enlarged texts (Children's books)
- Giant books
- Lap books
- Large type books
- Oversize books
- Picture books for children
- found: Work cat.: 98050933: Big Books for little readers, 1999 (enlarged texts, or big books, print big enough for a group of children to see, began in late 1960s in New Zealand, 15 inches high or more, with pictures)
- found: LC database, Nov. 10, 1998 (several series of "big books" with a size of 48 cm.)
- found: ERIC through Firstsearch, Nov. 10, 1998 ("big books" allow groups of students to share text and pictures)
- found: Saskatchewan Education Web site, Nov. 1, 2001 ("A lap book is smaller than a Big Book, can be held in the teacher's lap, and has sufficiently larger pictures and print to enable all the children in a small group to see/read it, when seated on the carpet in front of the teacher.")
- found: WWW, Nov. 1, 2001 (big books, lap books, giant books)
Here are entered poster-size children's books designed to be read aloud in a group setting, as well as works about such books.
- 2001-11-01: new
- 2001-12-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.