- Action sports (Extreme sports)
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Loret, A. Génération glisse, c1995.
- found: Encyc. of world sport, c1996 (extreme sports; sports that in some way go beyond traditional sports; testing limits and danger)
- found: Readers' guide: v. 98, no. 3.
- found: Britannica book of the year, 1998: p. 320 (alternative sports; extreme sports)
- found: Bane, M. Over the edge, c1996: t.p. (extreme sports)
- found: The consumption and representation of lifestyle sports, 2013: p. 1 (alternative/extreme/lifestyle sport; what has been variously labelled alternative, new, extreme, adventure, panic, action, whiz and lifestyle sport; these labels encompass a wide range of participatory and made-for-television sporting activities including residual cultural forms, such as climbing, and emergent activities, such as kite-surfing) p. 3 (lifestyle sports are a specific type of alternative sport, including both established activities like skateboarding through to newly emergent activities like kite-surfing) p. 212 (alternative sport (such as kayaking, mountaineering, rock-climbing, skateboarding, skydiving, snowboarding, surfing, wake-boarding, and windsurfing); alternative sports) p. 4 of cover (lifestyle sports (also referred to as action sport, extreme sports, adventure sports))
- found: Wikipedia, Apr. 24, 2013 (Extreme sports (also called action sports, aggro sports, and adventure sports) is a popular term for certain activities perceived as having a high level of inherent danger. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion, and highly specialized gear. Examples of extreme sports: Aerobatics; Aggressive inline; Auto racing; BMX; BASE jumping; Bungee jumping; Cave diving; Extreme ironing; Freeflying; Freestyle scootering; Freeskiing; Flowboarding; Hang gliding; Ice climbing; Kitesurfing; Land windsurfing; Longboarding; Motocross; Mountain biking; Mountaineering; Mountain boarding; Paragliding; Parkour; Rock climbing; Sandboarding; Scuba diving; Skateboarding; Skydiving; Skimboarding; Snowboarding; Snowmobile; Stand up paddle surfing; Surfing; Wakeboarding; Water ride; Waveski; Wingsuit flying; Xpogo)
- 1999-01-14: new
- 2013-08-01: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.