- found: Abley, M. The ice storm : an historic record in photographs of January 1998, c1998.
- found: The St. Lawrence River Valley 1998 ice storm [CF]: maps and facts (created by Statistics Canada; from ResAnet; uses Nat'l Lib. of Canada subject heading Ice storms)
- found: Random House (ice storm: a storm of freezing rain and widespread glaze formation)
- found: Some Thoughts on the Societal and Economic Impact of Winter Storms by Paul J. Kocin, Meteorologist, National Centers for Environmental Prediction, NOAA/National Weather Service, Camp Springs, MD, Nov. 6, 1998 ("The National Weather Service produces summaries of the deaths, injuries and damages attributed to a variety of weather events. From the figures provided ... it would appear that winter storms, including both snowstorms and icestorms, have much less an impact on society than such phenomena as convective storms (tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, hail; ...), heat waves ... tropical cyclones ... floods ... drought ... and cold ...)
- found: Winter Preparedness Week, Nov. 6, 1998 ("WHEREAS, the Commonwealth [of Virginia] is subject to various types of severe winter weather including snowstorms, icestorms, blizzards, freezing rain and extremely cold temperatures")
- 1999-04-29: new
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.