- Use as a topical subdivision under names of countries, cities, etc., and individual corporate bodies, uniform titles of sacred works, and under classes of persons, ethnic groups, and topical headings.
- LCSH Collection - Subdivisions
- LCSH Collection - Topic Subdivisions
- LCSH Collection - General Collection
- Pattern Heading - Free-floating subdivisions (general application)
- Pattern Heading - Classes of Persons
- Pattern Heading - Ethnic Groups
- Pattern Heading - Corporate Bodies
- Pattern Heading - Names of Places
- Pattern Heading - Colonies
- Pattern Heading - Languages
- Pattern Heading - Military Services
- Pattern Heading - Christian Denominations
- Pattern Heading - Sacred Works
Earlier Established Forms
Use as a topical subdivision under names of countries, cities, etc., and individual corporate bodies, uniform titles of sacred works, and under classes of persons, ethnic groups, and topical headings.
Reference under the heading [History]
- 1999-07-07: new
- 2006-05-09: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.