- found: Work cat.: 99050263: Otfinoski, S. The golden age of novelty songs, 2000 (genre peaked in popularity on the charts ca. 1956-1969; line between novelty and mainstream pop remains hazy)
- found: White, D. Dict. pop. mus. styles of the world, c1998: under United States (novelty song)
- found: All-music guide WWW site, October 1, 1999 (novelty songs; written most often with a humorous gesture; so named because they tell a brief story, sometimes complete and sometimes episodic, with light, lilting, memorable melodies)
- found: Encyc. of rock, 1988 (novelty records)
- found: Pickering, D. Cassell companion to 20th-century music, 1998 (novelty record [cites examples of U.S. and British artists and hits])
- found: Collins, A. Disco duck and other adventures in novelty music, 1998 (novelty songs [book primarily devoted to U.S. artists and songs, but at least one British hit is cited])
- 1999-10-01: new
- 1999-11-16: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.