- Excavation sites (Paleontology)
- Excavations, Paleontological
- Fossil digs
- Fossil Lagerstätten
- Fossil localities
- Fossil sites
- Localities, Fossil
- Paleontological sites
- Sites, Excavation (Paleontology)
- Sites, Fossil
- found: Work cat.: Spalding, D. Into the dinosaurs' graveyard : Canadian digs and discoveries, c1999.
- found: Late Quaternary environmental change in north-west Europe : excavations at Holywell Coombe, south-east, 1998.
- found: Schultz, C. Big Bone Lick, Kentucky : a pictorial story of the paleontological excavations at this famous fossil locality from 1962 to 1966: University of Nebraska News, 1967.
- found: Selden, P. Evolution of fossil ecosystems, c2004: introd. (Rock strate within the geological record which contain a much more completely preserved record than is normally the case have been termed Fossell-Lagerstätten) p. 4 of cover (fossil sites; (Lagerstätten); fossil Lagerstätten)
- found: GeoRef, thesaurus, via WebSPIRS, Nov. 3, 2005 (Lagerstatten. Restricted to deposits of exceptionally preserved biotas, UF fossil Lagerstatten, Lagerstaetten; also separate thesaurus term: fossil localities)
- found: Elder, W.P. Maps showing fossil localities and checklists of Jurassic and Cretaceocus macrofauna of western Alaska, 1992.
- notfound: GEORef
- 2006-02-15: new
- 2006-04-06: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.