- Here are entered works on the popular subculture of big- and inner-city youth that includes rap music, break dancing, and graffiti art.
- Hip-hop culture
- African American arts
- Popular culture--United States
- found: Work cat.: Wimsatt, W. Bomb the suburbs, c1994.
- found: Handbk. of Am. popular culture, 1989: v. 1, p. 561 (Hip Hop, an urban subculture that has created art forms all its own)
- found: New Grove dict. of Am. music: v. 2, p. 394 (hip-hop; collective term for the black urban art forms that emerged in the late 1970s; also applied specifically to a style of music; "hip-hop sessions," consisting of break dancing, graffiti art, and rap)
- found: Readers' Guide (Hip-Hop)
- found: Am. her. dict. (hip-hop)
- found: Random House (hip-hop)
- found: Paniccioli, E. Who shot ya? : three decades of hiphop of photography, c2002.
- found: Richardson, E. Hiphop literacies, 2006.
- notfound: Concise Oxford dict. of soc.;Encyc. of soc.
Here are entered works on the popular subculture of big- and inner-city youth that includes rap music, break dancing, and graffiti art.
- 2000-11-06: new
- 2009-02-25: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.